Our English and Spanish translators are at the ready round the clock throughout the Dakar. Colingua is hard at work translating for the rally’s official application and web site.
Overview of the services provided during the 2019 Dakar:
. Languages translated: French, English and Spanish
. Estimated working time over the duration of the rally (13 days): > 350h+
. Translation services available around the clock every day of the event
Colingua and the Dakar, a shared history:
. First participation for our translators in 2007 (Lisbon–Dakar)
. Languages translated on www.dakar.com since 2007: French, English, Spanish, German, European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese
. 365 days a year: the communications requirements of a world-class event like the Dakar stretch far beyond the 2 weeks of racing in South America. Colingua Translations is there for A.S.O.’s translation requirements every day of the year.
Colingua translators do the lion’s share of their work on the official website www.dakar.com, where they translate live race updates and many behind-the-scenes texts, but they are also involved with the translation of the mobile app. These media remain as relevant as ever despite the growing use of social networks.
Colingua Translations has built on its Dakar experience over the years to become the industry standard in sports translation (with a portfolio including fifteen professional cycling races, marathons, half marathons, etc.), particularly in the world of motor sports, where it has provided translation services to other internationally renowned rallies such as the Merzouga Rally (Morocco, 2016, 2017 and 2018), the Desafío Inca (Peru, 2013, 2014 and 2018), the Central Europe Rally (2008) and the Silk Way Rally (Russia, 2009, 2010 and 2011).
The Dakar in figures (2018, source A.S.O.)
- TV coverage in 190 countries, with a total of 70 channels including NBC Sports
- 1.900 accredited journalists
- 1,200 hours of TV broadcast
- Over 4 million fans on the roadside
- Over 9 million visits on the official website www.dakar.com translated by Colingua
- Over 5 million visits on the official app translated by Colingua
- Over 2 million fans on Facebook
About Colingua Translations
Colingua is a translation and interprétation comptant specialising in sports. Our references speak for themselves:
- Cycling: Tour de France (since 2006), Paris-Nice, Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège, Tour de Yorkshire, Tour of Oman, Criterium de Saitama…
- Mountain-biking: Roc d’Azur, Titan Desert…
- Football: Standard de Liège
- Running: Marathon de Barcelona, Marathon de Paris, Semi Marathon of Paris, Semi Marathon of Barcelona
- Various sport communication agencies: 15Love (tennis and golf), 1001 Vagues (Sailing), Madiot Communications (Cycling)
Copyright photo: A.S.O.