Thanks to the experience gained from the numerous times we have worked for United Nations agencies (see below), our interpretation company was chosen to provide English <> French simultaneous interpretation from a booth during the UNESCO World Humanities Conference, held in Liège in August 2017.
This six-day conference tackled six themes that are crucial for humanity:
- Humans and the Environment;
- Cultural Identities, Cultural Diversity and Intercultural dialogue;
- Borders and Migrations;
- Cultural Heritage;
- History, Memory and Politics;
- New Contexts for the Humanities.
The organisers of this major event placed their trust in our interpreters, confirming once again our status as a reliable partner of the conferences organised by UN agencies in Belgium. Our interpreting work for UNESCO in Liège follows in the footsteps of other high-profile conferences held in Belgium, such as
- the 3rd World Reconstruction Conference organised by the World Bank, UNDP and European Commission in June 2017 at Square Brussels (simultaneous interpreting into English, French, Spanish and Portuguese),
- the International Conference on Justice for Minors, organised in Brussels in June 2013 (simultaneous interpretation into English, French and Russian), and
- the 3rd WHO European Healthy Cities Annual Business and Technical Conferences in Liège in 2011 (French–English simultaneous interpretation).
Summary of the services provided at the UNESCO World Humanities Conference: English <> French simultaneous interpretation from a booth. Set-up of simultaneous translation equipment: booth and headsets for 500 people.
Official event website: http://www.humanities2017.org