Colingua interpreters are working in the European project Bridging the Gap by providing remote simultaneous interpretation in the work meetings of the project partners.
Organising an online work meeting has become common practice, either on MS Teams, Webex or Zoom. Nevertheless, the partners in the Bridging the Gap project also need to be able to speak in a number of languages. Accustomed to using GoToMeeting, the project leaders asked us to propose a solution that would allow for online simultaneous interpretation.
Our technical team came up with a remote interpretation solution that combines a professional interpretation platform with the client’s GoToMeeting application. Participants can speak in their own languages during the two-day meetings thanks to our specialist interpreters in European affairs for projects funded by the European Union.
Videoconferences with simultaneous interpreting: the organiser’s guidebook
- Types of video conference platforms
- Are you using ZOOM?
- Would you like to keep using your usual video conferencing tool?
- The moderator: a key figure for online events in multiple languages
- Interpreters: in a hub or working from home?
- A hybrid event with on-site and remote participants
- Examples of online events with our interpreters
- Online interpretation: security and reliability